The B-1 visa is for individuals who need to visit the United States temporarily for business purposes (ex.business consulting, attending conventions, or research), for medical treatment, or to accompany a family member who requires medical treatment.
Unlike the visitor for pleasure visa, the visitor for business visa can be permitted to stay in the United States for only the period required to perform tasks. The initial period to stay is typically 1 to 6 months; 6 months is the maximum.
1. The visit will be temporary
2. The visitor will depart at the end of his/her authorized stay or any extension granted by USCIS
3. The visitor must have a valid passport
4. The visitor must maintain a foreign residence that he/she has no intention of abandoning
5. The visitor is able to support him/herself financially while in the United States