Workload Transfer Updates

HOME_NON_D Forums News EN Workload Transfer Updates

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #5872

    Workload Transfer Updates
    Release Date: January 02, 2018
    by USCIS

    On occasion, we transfer cases between our five service centers in order to balance our workload and promote timely processing. This page provides up to date information on any workload transfers that we make. You can also subscribe to the Alerts GovDelivery distribution list to receive an email each time cases are transferred. Unless we note otherwise, below is the general information for a workload transfer.

    How You Will Be Affected If We Transfer Your Case
    If we transfer your case, we will send you a transfer notice. Your receipt number will not change, and the transfer will not delay the processing of your case.

    You should continue to file your forms according to the existing form instructions. You can find the correct filing address listed under the “Where to File” section in the form instructions and on the form Web page.

    If your pending petition is eligible for premium processing and you want to request premium processing after your petition or application was transferred, you must:

    File your Form I-907 with the service center where your petition or application is currently pending, and
    Submit a copy of the Form I-797, Receipt Notice, for your pending petition or application.
    If you do not do both, we may reject your Form I-907.

    How to Track the Status of Your Case
    Check your case status online with your receipt number. You can also sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email.

    If you do not receive a decision on your case within the published processing time for the new service center, you may submit an inquiry online or call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 800-375-5283 (TYY 800-767-1833). When asking about your case status, please provide us with your receipt number and specify that your case was transferred to a new location.

    If we send you any notice (such as a Request for Evidence), please read the notice carefully and follow the instructions provided.

    If you move while your case is pending, you must inform USCIS of your address change. You may file a change of address on our website or by calling the NCSC. It is important that you notify us of any address change as soon as possible, so that you continue to receive notifications from USCIS.

    January 2, 2018

    We transferred some of the following cases from the Vermont Service Center and California Service Center to the Texas Service Center:

    Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, for petitioners seeking L nonimmigrant classification


    for more detail, please visit :

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.